When Style Matters
Frequently asked questions
Where is the studio located?
- Studio Magic Needle is located in the heart of Sofia, just a few meters from the pedestrian shopping boulevard Vitosha. The address is 20-22 William Gladstone Street, and the entrance is directly accessible from the street. The location is very convenient and easy to navigate to.
What are the studio working hours?
- Studio Magic Needle has been operating as a “private studio” for years, and the working hours are divided into two hour segments, namely:
- For customers with booked appointments for the day;
- For tattoo consultations or purchasing of paintings, prints, etc. from the gallery;
- Разделението в часови сегменти е с цел да се осигури максимален комфорт за клиентите, посетителите и артистите, така че да се избегне загубата на време и затруднения в работния процес. Всеки клиент или посетител трябва да получи максимално внимание!!!
- WORKING HOURS:
- Monday to Friday: 10:00 – 20:30
- Saturday: 10:00 – 14:30
- Sunday: Day off
- Working hours for clients: 10:00 – 20:30
- Working hours for visitors: 18:00 – 20:30
What is a “private studio” and how does it work?
- “Private Studio” is when the studio / artist works only with the client who has booked an appointment, and the doors are closed to visitors and any other activities.
- This gives the artist maximum opportunity to devote all his attention to the project / client he is working on. At the same time, the client is provided with complete comfort and peace of mind, undisturbed by any external factors. Our experience shows that such a mode of work for tattooing is preferred by all clients, giving them a sense of comfort, security and confidentiality, which are lacking in other “conveyor” studios. The safety and convenience of our clients are a top priority, which is why the studio does not make any exceptions to this rule.
How do I book an appointment?
- The booking of a tattoo session is done only in the studio, after a thorough and professional consultation with the artist, no matter how small or large the project is!!! Exceptions to this rule are made only for customers outside the country or people in a disadvantaged position. In these cases, the consultation and appointment are made via the email specified in our contacts.
- If an appointment is made by email and the client has provided incomplete information or changes have occurred that negatively affect the work process, the studio reserves its right to cancel or reschedule the appointment.
- Attention! All consultations – personal, in the studio and by email, are completely free!!! A consultation is not a guarantee or commitment to book an appointment! The booking of a date and time for a tattoo is done only after a full consensus between the client and the artist has been reached (on the design, size and location). Each booked appointment is guaranteed by the client, by paying a deposit, the amount of which is a percentage of the total price of the tattoo. Upon cancellation of the commitment by the client, the deposit remains in favor of the studio.
How is a tattoo design made?
- Absolutely every tattoo design is made personally and according to parameters and specifications set by the client, in accordance with the personal recommendations and views of the artist. The creation of the design is based on 4 main components – the client’s idea, references (sample photos or models), size and location on the body. The design is consistent not only stylistically and artistically with the client’s ideas, but also with his physiological and anatomical features, such as skin type, height, muscle relief, etc. That is why personal consultations in the studio are extremely important and play a big role in the construction of the design.
- The time for creating a design is different and depends mostly on the complexity and details. The purpose of personalizing each design is to allow the artist to visualize the client’s idea, based on their own skills, experience and imagination. The best designs and tattoos, respectively, are obtained when the client completely trusts the artist and gives complete creative freedom!!!
- Attention! The studio does not make copies of existing tattoos or designs taken from the Internet, books, magazines, etc. All such photos are used only as a reference when creating a personal design.
Do you offer piercing?
- At this stage, Magic Needle Studio does not offer piercing services, nor anything related to it. In the event of a change, this will be announced on our website, as well as our Instagram and Facebook pages. If you still need information, contact us and we will provide you with complete information about the nearest piercing studios.
Can I book an appointment for consultation?
- The time frame for consultations is every working day, Monday to Friday, from 18:00 to 23:30 and it is not necessary to book an appointment for that purpose. If, however, you consider that your idea and its discussion would need more time, then you can save the date and time via the email and phone number in our contacts page. We will be more than happy to be useful to you, for everything related to your tattoo!
- Attention! If your idea for a tattoo does not correspond to the style and work of the artist, we will direct you to a suitable colleague or studio, corresponding to the design you are looking for!
- Attention! Please do not bring other people when coming in for a consultation in the studio!
Do you make cover-ups and corrections to old tattoos?
- Magic Needle Studio offers corrections, refreshments and cover-ups of old tattoos. Covering unwanted tattoos is one of the professional areas in which we specialize. In all cases (without exceptions), when it comes to correcting or covering tattoos, the preliminary personal consultation in the studio is mandatory!
- Please bear in mind that a consultation is not a commitment for an appointment with the studio!
- Attention! Not every tattoo can be corrected or covered with a new one! We can commit to a specific statement only after a personal consultation in the studio!
What are the prices in the studio?
- The pricing policy of Magic Needle studio is fully compliant with the economic standard in the country. Depending on the specifics of the project, the price can be “per hour” or “per project”. Price formation is based on 4 main elements: design complexity, color scheme, size and placement on the body. Only after a thorough consultation with the client and a finalized design, the exact price can be determined, but it is certainly strictly individual for each project. That is why it would be extremely unprofessional and unethical to commit to a price quote before a consultation. It is totally absurd to give a price over a phone or email, without having a consultation and completed the design. Please visit the studio for a personal consultation and full information on any questions you may have.
- Attention! We find inquiries sent by email or as a direct message on our social platforms, containing a photo and the question “how much?”, “how much for this?” etc., to be extremely unprofessional and we will not answer them!
- Attention! Do not trust “colleagues” from “conveyor” studios, who give you prices over the phone or on social networks. This is not only extremely unprofessional, but in 90% of the cases afterwards it is necessary to correct or cover the consequences from the “deal” you’ve got. We advise you not to trust dubious “professionals” with questionable qualities and even more questionable morals, just because it says “TATTOO” above their door.
What do I need to know before getting a tattoo?
- As everyone knows, tattooing is a complex and extremely precise artistic process that requires maximum concentration and patience from the artist. In order for this process to go smoothly and lead to a perfect result, certain conditions and rules need to be followed. Here are some practical and very useful guidelines for every future client:
- Be punctual on the appointed day and time. Being late or very early could seriously complicate the work process in the studio. In case of possible delays or early arrival, always inform us about it with a prior call or a message. The studio waits up to 15 minutes after the agreed time, after which it reserves the right to cancel the engagement, if no notice of delay is received.
- You should come for a tattoo well rested, after a hearty meal and in good condition. Please do not book an appointment immediately after a night shift, late work nights, parties or after a night trip. This significantly reduces the body’s tolerance. The same goes for food – don’t come for a tattoo on an empty stomach.
- We recommend that you wear comfortable loose clothing on the day of the tattoo so that you are as comfortable as possible. If sportswear, shorts or leggings are more comfortable for you, you can wear them. Avoid tight, elastic or extremely fitting clothes, as well as white or light ones.
- The use of alcohol, analgesics, tranquilizers and any other substances that lead to high blood pressure and blood thinning is absolutely forbidden, at least 24 hours before your visit.
- Attention!!! Do not apply any creams, lotions or other painkillers without notifying the artist!
- The studio does not serve clients under 18 years of age, regardless of whether they have an adult companion, parent or guardian present!!! In case you are visually close to this age, please bring your identity document to prove the required age.
- Other visitors are not allowed in the studio. This applies both to booked appointments and consultations alike. An exception is allowed only for people in a disadvantaged condition.
- Due to the epidemiological situation, wearing a medical mask at all times is required. A type FFP2 mask is recommended. It is also required to disinfect hands and shoes before proceeding to the tattoo area. The studio provides both types of disinfectants and disposable shoe covers. If you or a member of your family/close social circle have flu-like symptoms, please let us know so we can reschedule your appointment for a later time.
- Parking in the area of the studio is in “blue zone” mode, which means that you have the right to stay only 2 hours by SMS, after which you must continue with a ticket. This sometimes causes unforeseen interruptions in the work process. That is why we strongly recommend that you visit the studio with another type of transport, or a taxi. As the studio is located in the busiest part of the commercial and administrative center of the capital, finding free parking spaces near the studio at peak hours is almost impossible!!!
- As most of our clients know, preparing the skin before tattooing requires hair removal, even if it is minimal. Please do not do this hair removal at home! It is done just before the tattoo, by the artist!
- Please, before tattooing, do not treat the skin with lotions, creams, oils and other cosmetic products!
- Tanned skin is absolutely unsuitable for tattooing, even if it is minimally tanned. Many “colleagues” will tell you that this is not the case, but it will definitely not be true and will mislead you. Skin tanned from beaches, tanning beds or just a long stay in the sun becomes difficult to tattoo due to loss of elasticity, and achieving contrast in the tattoo is impossible, leading to a significant decline in the quality of the final product.
- If you are planning a tattoo, protect the desired spot from the sun, with clothes or sunscreen / spray with a factor of 50+.
- Payment for products and services in the studio is cash only. Magic Needle Studio does not have a card payment terminal.
How to take care of the finished tattoo?
- After 2 to 5 hours, remove the foil and wash the tattoo with lukewarm water and antibacterial / baby soap;
- Dry thoroughly with a clean towel or napkin, and apply a thin layer of tattoo paste;
- For the first 7 days, apply a thin layer of the paste on the tattoo, 4 to 5 times a day. Wash the tattoo in the morning and evening, with lukewarm water and antibacterial / baby soap. For the first 2-3 nights, the tattoo can be covered with foil, but the rest of the time it should not be covered so that the skin can breathe;
- At the end of the first 7 days, the tattoo will begin to whiten into small scales and a slight itching is possible to occur. Under no circumstances should you remove the scales mechanically, by scratching and picking;
- Tattoo paste is applied only in the first 7 days. After this peeling period passes, gloss over the tattoo 2-3 times a day with dermatic Vaseline;
- The use of skin paste other than those specifically designed for tattoos is undesirable. If you plan to use another paste, please tell this in advance to the tattoo artist;
- In the first 3 weeks it is highly undesirable:
- a) to place the tattoo under direct sunlight;
- b) to use a sauna or a sunbed;
- c) to bathe in swimming pools, rivers and other water that is not a shower.
- After this period (3 weeks), before each exposure of the tattoo to sunlight, it is mandatory to apply a thin layer of sunscreen, factor 50+.
SOME HELPFUL TIPS
- With some larger tattoos, swelling and prolonged burning may occur. This is normal and should not bother you. In order to pass this discomfort faster, the tattoo can be washed 2-3 times a day with cold water, before applying the special tattoo paste.
- It is recommended that the tattooed area (arm, leg, etc.) be at maximum rest for the first 2-3 days. It is mandatory to avoid physical activity, such as weightlifting, fitness, etc.
- For some larger tattoos, a slight chill can be felt after the procedure, and a rise in body temperature is possible. This is a normal protective reaction of the body. In this case, we recommend taking paracetamol or other over-the-counter medicine for treating a cold, immediately after the procedure.
- It is especially important to apply the tattoo paste in a very thin layer on the skin, so that it only becomes slightly shiny. Extensive application of the paste in a thick layer on the skin is highly undesirable. The thick layer of paste clogs the pores of the skin and makes healing much slower, and sometimes causes excessive itching and rashes.
- With regular application of the specialized paste, after the first 3-4 days, the tattoo will look completely healed. This should not make you stop lubricating it. The tattoo paste is applied for 7 days – not less. In case you need to wear formal clothes, a uniform or other type of clothing that needs to be protected from staining with the paste, you can put a thin gauze on the tattoo.
- All the above instructions have been agreed on with a dermatologist and if done strictly, we guarantee that your tattoo will be perfect. In case of non-compliance with these instructions, any corrections or repetitions required afterward need to be paid for.
- If you need more information on the healing process of the tattoo, don’t hesitate to contact us, by using the details in our “Contacts” page!